403 error

The place if you have forum issues to report, questions, feedback or just need information.
jayothemountains
Location: Almost Mexico, but not quite all the way there, California

403 error

Post by jayothemountains »

Hi,

I'm receiving a 403 error (Forbidden - You don't have permission to access this resource. - Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.) when using the navigation buttons at the top of a forum thread when accessing the topic for the first time.

E.g.: Click thread link, navigate to new thread, wishing to go directly to the last page [and most recent post] I select the page button at the top of a thread and immediately get this error. Navigate back, click again, same issue. Scroll to bottom of page, click last page and get sent to page destination. Does not happen when selecting page number on topic list. Does not happen when scrolling directly to bottom of page, then clicking.

Firefox 101.0.1

I've already attempted clearing cookies, site data, and cache.
Soaker Dan
Site Admin

Re: 403 error

Post by Soaker Dan »

Thank you for the heads up. I've been receiving the errors myself, but assumed it was because of my admin account since no one else has complained. I'm currently researching the issues and will up this topic when I have a resolution.
Soaker Dan
Site Admin

Post by Soaker Dan »

I've traced it back to rules within Mod_Security on the server triggering the 403 errors. However, I just switched up the way logging works, so if it happens again, can you please immediately post here with the time so I can find it in the log?
jayothemountains
Location: Almost Mexico, but not quite all the way there, California

Post by jayothemountains »

It's back.

From a forum index page "Idaho" for example. I'm getting a 403 error when trying to navigate using the page button at the directory-level to navigate to whatever page of a thread. Happens regardless of page number selected.

Problem doesn't exist when navigating after selecting the thread using the navigation buttons at the top.

Firefox 102.1
Soaker Dan
Site Admin

Post by Soaker Dan »

Thanks, I noticed the same this morning when I was heading out the door to work. I'll correct it this evening, sorry for the inconvenience.
Soaker Dan
Site Admin

Post by Soaker Dan »

Update: I am still working on this error. I found if I browse pages too quickly I get the error. It is definitely security related on the server level and not the forum software, so it is taking a bit to track down.
Soaker Dan
Site Admin

Post by Soaker Dan »

Solved? Took several days of testing and research, but I think I finally solved the issue! If anyone experiences the issue again, please let me know!