Free for All or Free Advertising

The place if you have forum issues to report, questions, feedback or just need information.
carolinaspringer

Post by carolinaspringer »

Do we have a policy?

I must admit I was rather taken aback to go to the Free for All section this afternoon and find several ads posted by C & B.
mikel g

Re: Free for All or Free Advertising

Post by mikel g »

I for one find nothing amiss in this. It's nice to have first crack at something offered, whether or not it comes with a price.

We might have a buy/sell/trade section, though.
If life were supposed to be tough, why would there be hot springs?
BNMac

Post by BNMac »

I approved the advertising in the Free-for-all before C&B posted it.
Camilla & Bill advertise their property on rare occasion, and when they do it, it is after they've graciously asked for approval. They've posted it in the appropriate section as well.

If we start having a number of personal ads appear in the Free-for-all, I'll consider creating a new Buy-Sell-Trade section.

Does that sound fair to everyone? Good! Now get back to your regularly scheduled diversions!

B^) --Bruce...
There must be someplace in the middle of the fringe where I fit in... Woody Russell, Salt
yakshak2002

Post by yakshak2002 »

Oh,Bruce--Your something else!! But I do agree,you are doing things right by me. Keep up the GOOD work.
Hotspringer John
Casa Blanca Hot Spring

Post by Casa Blanca Hot Spring »

Dear CS,
carolinaspringer wrote:Do we have a policy?

I must admit I was rather taken aback to go to the Free for All section this afternoon and
find several ads posted by C & B.
We appreciate your concern; the last thing we'd want to do is offend someone who
contributes as much as you do to this group. We always look forward to reading your posts.

We take Free For All by it's name, but just to be sure, we checked with the Moderators
ahead of time before posting on topic information.

In past years, another hot spring group became functionally useless and spam ridden,
partly because of a too-narrow focus; if one didn't post just so, one was gone, without any notice or advise. If it has to do with geothermal waters and potential soaking, we feel it belongs in this group.

We're happy the wisdom behind this group (You know who you are.) has chosen a broader view.

The list of hot springs for sale Kim Sturmer keeps, is in effect, free advertising.

All communications we've had with you in the last couple of years have been cordial; it's
our hope things remain that way for a long time.

We'd like to thank everyone who, both on and off list, wrote saying the posts were appropriate. We encourage those who wrote off list to make their feelings known to the group.

Looking To Move Forward In Diverse Togetherness,
Camilla & Bill
So Many Hot Springs, So Little Time...
Soakahontas

Post by Soakahontas »

Simple solution for those who find some content here objectionable....don't read it.
Casa Blanca Hot Spring

Post by Casa Blanca Hot Spring »

Hi Soaky,

It's good to hear from you. We hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Soakahontas wrote:Simple solution for those who find some content here objectionable....don't read it.
We agree . For instance, one of us has an automatic "ad phaze out" mechanism when reading the newspaper or a magazine -- the ads aren't seen at all. It's as if they don't even exist. It's the same way with posts regarding certain HS here; unless it's a really slow day, we don't open them, simply because, for whatever reason, we're just not interested in that topic.

Soak Well,
Camilla & Bill
So Many Hot Springs, So Little Time...