How long will SoakersForum be around?

The place if you have forum issues to report, questions, feedback or just need information.
BNMac

How long will SoakersForum be around?

Post by BNMac »

The hosting and domain is now paid through November 2014.

Regulars, Simi-Regulars and occasionals, let's see more posting, and Lurkers, join in the conversation! Traffic has been light lately, which means you are out there doing SoakersForum field research.

Let's see your trip reports and queries regarding those places you've been thinking about. Reports about your summer trips are fun too, even if you didn't get a chance to soak but waved at a spring on your way by. I know there was a lot of us out traveling this summer.

I appreciate everyone's contributions since the inception of SoakersForum in November, 2007.
--Bruce, your SoakersForum admin!
There must be someplace in the middle of the fringe where I fit in... Woody Russell, Salt
Jeff Allen

Re: How long will SoakersForum be around?

Post by Jeff Allen »

Glad to have the form.

And a big thanks for keeping it running Bruce!!!
...Soaking in the steam in 2015...
NE Kid

Post by NE Kid »

Shoot me an address where I can send a check to help with the expense of keeping SoakersForum cooking !!!!! Maybe you ought to have a "commercial" or two within the site. Even the educational TV and radio stations do it.

Lots of information within the site. To some people, information is power - OK fine, but that is short sighted as can be. Information is what makes your day go better, your dollar go a little further, and can save time (and help you find a hot puddle to hop into).

Speaking of Lurkers - - - - It is not even remotely hard to get registered on this site. Get registered. Share your information - - - bits and pieces add up!
BNMac

Post by BNMac »

It costs me just a snidge under $9 a month plus a little of my time. That's a pretty cheap hobby, I'd say...

There are many ways I could run advertising - for one, our web hosting service would like me to run banner ads to get you to sign up for hosting plans. I could run this site for FREE!, they say. Yea, I could, but I very much dislike advertising.
I could accept donations, but I've never felt the need to ask for financial help to date. If and when I become destitute due to whatever forces prevail, then I may ask for help either in one of two forms: financial or "please take over the board"!

This board is mainly provided for those who are interested in exchanging information about Hot Springs and, to a lesser extent, naturism issues. (plus the free-for-all - chat away!)

I do have a minor registration problem to work on, but it's a display issue - you can still create a new account & post away!
There must be someplace in the middle of the fringe where I fit in... Woody Russell, Salt
Kim_S

Post by Kim_S »

This is a good time to thank Administrators Bruce and Eric for all their "heavy lifting" to keep this forum running smoothly and spam free! For those of you who don't know, we also have four low-key, able bodied Moderators in Wayne, Jeff, Paul, and myself. All six of us regularly work together online to resolve any critical issues with the forum.

We are all pleased to have everyone who has ever posted onboard! And for those of you looking, please sign up! Even if you have never been to a hot spring and are interested in information, we're all here to help!

I almost went to Gaviota Hot Spring today, but with 92 degree air temp, the hot water wasn't calling out my name. The ocean was eminently nicer!
Kim Sturmer
Balneologist-at-large
"Soak A Lot More in 2024!"
Jeff Allen

Post by Jeff Allen »

Kim, you lucky soaker!!!
...Soaking in the steam in 2015...
yakshak2002

Post by yakshak2002 »

Bruce--I too wish to take this oppertunity to thank you for keeping this forum going. Also, it would be nice to see more naturism issues. Being an "old fart",I sometimes find I'm not really all that welcome in a pool with other skinnydippers. But when I'm able to have a lady friend along, folks are so much more accepting. Any advice?
Hotspringer John
Kim_S

Post by Kim_S »

Wow John, fortunately I've never felt unwelcome in a pool with other skinnydippers, but maybe that'll happen someday....anywho, here's a great quote:

"There is always a lot to be thankful for as we age, if we take the time to look. For example, I'm sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt."

...and we get a LOT more wrinkles after basking for hours in blissful hot water..... :)
Kim Sturmer
Balneologist-at-large
"Soak A Lot More in 2024!"
nakedindiansoaker

Post by nakedindiansoaker »

Great idea for a forum. I arrived via google after losing a nice hot soak review site though I did find several new sites with trip reports to replace it.