How to get booted (was: near klamath)

The place if you have forum issues to report, questions, feedback or just need information.
the_wanderer

Post by the_wanderer »

if someone has local info could you post it. are these public? private?

42.725 120.646 SUMMER LAKE HOT SPRING
42.116 121.287 OREGON HOT SPRINGS (BIG HOT SPRING)
42.162 120.344 LEITHEAD HOT SPRING
42.174 121.615 OLENE GAP HOT SPRINGS
42.156 120.345 BARRY RANCH HOT SPRINGS
42.221 120.368 HUNTERS HOT SPRINGS
fetch

Re: near klamath

Post by fetch »

Summer Lake HS = > http://www.summerlakehotsprings.com, read the archives here
Big Hot - Private property - NUBP
Leithead - Private property - NUBP
Olene Gap - in river - NUBP, read the archives here
Barry Ranch - Private property - NUBP
Hunter's HS = > http://www.huntersresort.com/, read the archives here
the_wanderer

Post by the_wanderer »

someone who i met in SoCal who lives near there said there was free public hot springs near Klamath Falls, so I have no interest in any commercial operation.

could someone else post if there is such a location in the area
fetch

Post by fetch »

Wow. You're welcome. :(

And unwilling to support people who are willing to open their private hot spring(s) to the public in a state where most hot springs near "civilization" are on private property. Awesome.

Here's an idea. Why don't you try reading the archives and running a few searches instead of expecting to be spoon-fed the information you seek? There are "free" (I assume you meant those found on public lands) hot springs in southern/southeastern Oregon and NorCal/NorNev - some well known, some not. NONE of them "near" KFalls(as "near" to me is within 20 miles) unless you want to be soaking between busy roadways, in aquaculture/hydroponic ops, waiting until the water level in the lakes drop or trespassing on private property. And if someone is foolish enough to tell a stranger they don't know over the intrawebz where the last ones are, I hope the beef (and sometimes dairy) bulls the owners turn out in those pastures for that very reason, see you first.

Or try your hand at Strawberry Butte... lol

Or just stick with Jackson or Lithia over in Ashland. Oh wait, you sneer at "commercial operations". NM.
the_wanderer

Post by the_wanderer »

fetch wrote:Wow. You're welcome. :(

And unwilling to support people who are willing to open their private hot spring(s) to the public in a state where most hot springs near "civilization" are on private property. Awesome.

Here's an idea. Why don't you try reading the archives and running a few searches instead of expecting to be spoon-fed the information you seek? There are "free" (I assume you meant those found on public lands) hot springs in southern/southeastern Oregon and NorCal/NorNev - some well known, some not. NONE of them "near" KFalls(as "near" to me is within 20 miles) unless you want to be soaking between busy roadways, in aquaculture/hydroponic ops, waiting until the water level in the lakes drop or trespassing on private property. And if someone is foolish enough to tell a stranger they don't know over the intrawebz where the last ones are, I hope the beef (and sometimes dairy) bulls the owners turn out in those pastures for that very reason, see you first.

Or try your hand at Strawberry Butte... lol

Or just stick with Jackson or Lithia over in Ashland. Oh wait, you sneer at "commercial operations". NM.
Maybe you should learn how to google with boolean and date search operations, Beavis or are you Butthead? If you had a clue and actually looked at the postings most are old, few recent postings. If you want to search for 'stale' news go ahead. If you don't know time, does this thing, it continues and moves on. Land gets bought and sold, hey wouldn't you know, places shut down, government bureaus do land grabs, oh I bet that fried your little pea sized brain.

"Free" can be interpreted as minimal cost, not stuck in some building with rules and regulations, and 'wild', as natural, undeveloped. Wow, I bet your brain is about to fry itself now, huh. See how you have already made an "ASS" of yourself by "ASS"uming? or do I need to get out crayons and draw you a picture with stick figures?

FYI, there are many 'free' springs in CA, on BLM land, LA DWP, NPs. For the past few years, I've buying annual NPS passes for $80 because I want the lands to be preserved in a natural state, when I soak, I don't want to look out and see a bunch of fucking powerlines, houses, buildings, etc. I want to watch the clouds roll by, the changing colors of sunrise/sunset, the moon rise over the desert. I've been meticulous searching the Nevada databases, cross referencing geothermal, earthquake data, historical mining operations with BLM and Landsat for places undeveloped, "free", I think I've found one or two but damned if I'd tell someone like you, you'd probably want a fucking soda machine right next to the heated towel rack, while you watch videos on an iPad and then have the valet pull your car around front when you're done. Do you even know you run a search with perl/php on three databases at once? Oh sorry, I bet the steam coming out of your ears at this point and you're probably about to pass out.

Look cretin, run with the bulls just one fucking time in Pamplona in your sad, pathetic life and then tell me if you think I'd be afraid of bulls wandering in a paddock. No one said anything about 'sneering' but if you really want someone to rip you a new one, continue and I will oblige and state if you'd like that served up in english, german, french or spanish.
mikel g

Post by mikel g »

I vote we ban this fool, the sooner the better.
If life were supposed to be tough, why would there be hot springs?
Eric

Post by Eric »

mikel g wrote:I vote we ban this fool, the sooner the better.
Yeah. There are some other unmoderated hot springs forums that are probably a better fit for this user.
Greyfalcon
Site Admin

Post by Greyfalcon »

Shouldn't be much longer. The_wanderer does appear to do extensive searching and offers useful info in some posts, but lately has quickly gone from impolite to engaging in rudeness, personal attacks, and outright unacceptable netiquette. This type of behavior is very divisive and Admin will not allow it to continue to mar an otherwise exceptional forum. Maybe when he's sober and coherent, he'll clean up his obnoxious Oregon & California posts. Thanks for your patience and to all who continue to act as adults.
Stoked to soak!
Eric

Post by Eric »

Oh, he's been shown the Soakers Forum drain. This guy probably had some worthwhile things to say but when you can't control your tone the substance gets completely lost and, of the most concern, you drive away other forum users who would leave instead of dealing with the hostility.
skndip

Post by skndip »

Thank you for showing this person the drain!!!!!

I beleive all of these negative posts are from the same person--i think we all no that. I would never post on the old croak-net because of this person-s. I hate to see this great forum go that same direction. :D S
Eric

Post by Eric »

skndip wrote:I beleive all of these negative posts are from the same person--i think we all no that. I would never post on the old croak-net because of this person-s.
No, this does not appear to be correct; I don't think "the_wanderer" has posted here before under another user name and I'm pretty certain he's not the person skndip is suggesting he is.

We don't have rules around here but there is one overarching rule that keeps forums usable, which is "Don't be an a-hole". I hate having to boot people off the forum but violating that rule is definitely the quickest way to get kicked off.

I'm going to move this discussion over to Forum Administration Matters because there's nothing here worth keeping in the Oregon forum.
Casa Blanca Hot Spring

Post by Casa Blanca Hot Spring »

Say Goodbye and Happy Wandering.

Thanks, Eric and All for keeping THE Soakers Forum sane. It is appreciated.

NN,
C&B
Last edited by Casa Blanca Hot Spring on Fri May 06, 2011 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
So Many Hot Springs, So Little Time...
fetch

Re: How to get booted (was: near klamath)

Post by fetch »

Wow x2. :( x2

Sorry about that, all. I just won't let it pass when I extend a courtesy and someone can't be human enough to say "Hey, thanks for the information, *BUT*..." and instead acts like I said something wrong when all I did was answer the OP in the most concise and accurate way possible. I'm the one with the information he wants; not the other way around or why else would he be posting? And being dismissive and rude is not going to convince me to part with further information, ffs. Just saying.

Hot springs are like studying developmental zoology. Information from decades ago (never mind one or two years...), much like chick embryo slides from the 1950s, is still relevant more often than not. And the chances there's a hot spring he "thinks" he knows in my backyard that I don't already are infinitesimal small. After all, who lives here? Who went through the very same "databases" he thinks he's the only one smart enough to find and cross-reference? Who belongs to pay-for databases with information on hot springs I pinky-swore not to discuss on the open intrawebz that I bet he doesn't? :D

I can only giggle since I always have my tin foil hat on these days, both online and off. Luckily, whackitrons have a way of outing themselves most tic. Obviously, some people don't know their audience and will never learn otherwise. But I have to admit; it was actually kinda entertaining to read. Like watching a dog who attacks its own front paws once he "sees" them.
mikel g

Re: How to get booted (was: near klamath)

Post by mikel g »

Thanks, fetch, for keeping yourself level.

And I don't recall him offering anything like useful information. Even if he'd posted anything informative, how would one know?
The word Sociopath springs to mind. Just no intention whatsoever to get along with people.
If life were supposed to be tough, why would there be hot springs?