Soakers Forum has a new owner!

The place if you have forum issues to report, questions, feedback or just need information.
Eric

Soakers Forum has a new owner!

Post by Eric »

Hi everyone! Last fall, we were in a situation where the exchange of information about hot springs on the Internet was becoming very difficult. We had mostly relied on the Soak.net forum, but for whatever reason, that forum was not being actively managed and most serious discussion was being submerged under a flood of spam.

In that environment, I decided to take a shot at starting a new hot springs forum. I had no knowledge of how to run a web site, but after a stumble or two I got this thing up and running in a couple of days. Believe me, there was a steep learning curve for a while, but I had a lot of support from the community and I think we have built a pretty decent forum here.

I never particularly desired to run a web site, and over the course of the year I've concluded that it's something that I'm not particularly good at now and would not be much good at in the future. A couple of months ago I asked Bruce if he would like to take over as the owner here. He seemed very engaged with the forum and also seemed to have the technical knowledge to keep the gears turning.

Bruce indicated that he was interested. I gave him a set of keys and he has basically been doing all the admin work here for the last couple of months. Today I formally turned ownership of the hosting account over to him, so Bruce makes all decisions about the forum from this day forward. I'll still be around and available to assist as needed, but basically I plan on stepping back and just posting comments and trip reports like any other user.

Thanks to all of you users here who have contributed to making this a useful little corner of the Internet. Especially thanks to Bruce, Kim and Jeff for their work in the admin and moderator areas.

Eric
jrbarber

Post by jrbarber »

Many thanks to you Eric for getting this group off the ground. Your efforts have been and are greatly appreciated.

CO(lorado) Jim
mikel g

Post by mikel g »

Yes, Eric: Thanks, yourself.
If life were supposed to be tough, why would there be hot springs?
-BoatSoaker77-

Post by -BoatSoaker77- »

I understand where you are coming from Eric. I sorta stumbled into becoming a message board owner and they can become expensive and time consuming to maintain.

Props for getting the site this far.
Captain Curmudgeon

Post by Captain Curmudgeon »

Thanks for all your work, Eric. I think we're well on the way to becoming THE hot springs forum, if we're not there already.

And thank you Bruce for stepping up. SoakersForum has become a habit for me. I check in at least once a day to catch up. I'd be lost without it.
BNMac

Post by BNMac »

Thank you, Eric, for giving me the opportunity to administer and to become the SoakersForum site owner.

And, to our community of soakers and readers - Thank you for letting me be of service to you!

I'll make a few little tweeks here and there but for the most part I'll keep the configuration here on SoakersForum close to Eric's implementation.

--Bruce...
carolinaspringer

Post by carolinaspringer »

Thanks everyone for being here (I couldn't think of anything else that hadn't already been said better!!).
Dawndelion

Post by Dawndelion »

Wow! Thanks to Eric and Bruce and alla youse soakers for contributing to the success of this lovely site. Looking forward to more!

:mrgreen: Dawndelion
Never put off until tomorrow what'll wait till the day after.
Bulldozer

Post by Bulldozer »

Here, Here, many Thanx to Eric and Bruce.

Since the fall of nwhotsprings.net, this has been my site of choice. I still click on the "Favorites" tab to see if Scott at NWhotsprings has awoken. All my e-mail address to him have failed or bounced, so sad.

I'll have to change the decal on the back door of my trucks now. I had taken a design by Jeff and added some text, etc...

Lookin for permission to make-up new decals... to reflect my affiliation with SoakerForum.com
Soak Well and Be Calmed.
Jeff Allen

Post by Jeff Allen »

Thanks to Eric & Bruce.

Nice take on the original design..

I like my people better but I'm kind of biased...
...Soaking in the steam in 2015...
BNMac

Post by BNMac »

Bulldozer wrote:Here, Here, many Thanx to Eric and Bruce.

Lookin for permission to make-up new decals... to reflect my affiliation with SoakerForum.com
Hey Bulldozer, I like it. You have my permission! Then you can send me a couple copies of that decal at your convenience.

--Bruce...
jrbarber

Post by jrbarber »

I want one! I want one!

CO(lorado) Jim
Kim_S

Post by Kim_S »

Bulldozer - Me too! Me too!
We all thank Eric for starting up the forum and he will always be Administrator "Emeritus" :lol: We're in continuing good hands with Bruce!
Kim Sturmer
Balneologist-at-large
"Soak A Lot More in 2024!"
Jeff Allen

Post by Jeff Allen »

Count me in for one...
Bulldozer

Post by Bulldozer »

Jeff Allen wrote: Nice take on the original design..

I like my people better but I'm kind of biased...
I have put the bug in my friends ear. We'll see how it flies, he is a jack of many trades Decals being one of them. I've asked him to look up the old files we had worked on back in 2005, probably 3 or 4 computers back for him. I'm searching my files but have not come across the vectorized images as yet. I did find the image that Jeff refers to,,,

I Think.

Somehow, someway, is this the elusive all natural picture everyone was looking for of that certain person, did Jeff have it in his head all this time.
Soak Well and Be Calmed.
Jeff Allen

Post by Jeff Allen »

Thats the one. Not much of a cartoonist am I.

Looks like I had the pool draining on the left side as its a little lower..

And the question is; can he put my people in the new drawing???

Thanks Tom!!!
canerat

SoakersForum Decals

Post by canerat »

Whichever design is decided upon I too would like one. Thanks.
If it cain't be done naked, it aint as much fun!
carolinaspringer

Post by carolinaspringer »

Moi aussi, yo tambien, me too.
Bulldozer

Post by Bulldozer »

Travailler à lui, Trabajando en ello, Working on it.

Located old pictures but not the actual vectored files.
Soak Well and Be Calmed.