User name & pm's

The place if you have forum issues to report, questions, feedback or just need information.
Jeff Allen

User name & pm's

Post by Jeff Allen »

I just noticed this and wondered if anybody else has seen it.

Useing Firefox as my web broswer & not when using Explorer the following happens. When I send a pm to someone on this form that person's name will appear in the "User name" box when I go to sign in the next time. It only happens with Fire fox, not Explorer. It remains there until I deleate it.

It's not causing any problems, I just find it strange.
...Soaking in the steam in 2015...
BNMac

Post by BNMac »

You've got memory!

Actually, Firefox remembers values typed into forms and passwords too! You can change this behavior by setting Edit> Preferences... Then in the Privacy preference, click on Saved Forms, uncheck "Save information I enter in forms and the Search Bar". You can also save passwords, though I don't like to because I like to remember my passwords! (The tab next door)

This is on a Solaris Firefox setup; if I recall, Firefox on winders follows the non-sensical Tools> Options... path rather than Edit> Preferences.

Have fun!

--B...
collins

Post by collins »

I tried to answer the PM's I just got, but can't send any, please tell me what happened?
BNMac

Post by BNMac »

I'll look into the matter for you, Collins. In the mean time, you can email the member rather than PM them if they have a public email address. Else, send me a message at soakersforum AT gmail.com and we'll work on it!

--Bruce...