post glitch

The place if you have forum issues to report, questions, feedback or just need information.
soaksdata

post glitch

Post by soaksdata »

Just wanted to let you know soakers forum is acting up. It was not
loading then when it did after 4 times, it would lock up as soon as I
tried to post on California 3 times. I had to turn off my computer to
disconnect since my mouse was frozen all 3 times on screen. All other
sites are working fine with my computers, just soakers forum is acting up.
Eric

Post by Eric »

Seems to be behaving OK now. Occasionally servers have glitches, something as simple as the power going out at the server location. The company I'm using for hosting has its servers located in Houston, TX, so we'll see what happens when a hurricane is heading into town.

I'm pretty satisfied with the reliability of the hosting company so far, though.

Eric
BNMac

Post by BNMac »

Soaksdata, about what time was this happening? And - did it happen consecutively or was it over the span of time?

If this happens again, you can drop Eric or myself a line via email with the times & details. If others have seen issues, we'll hear about it. If not, Eric can check with the hosting company to see if they had some difficulties in that time span.

The devil's always in the details... these machines and the connections between them sure can be picky.

--Bruce...
Jeff Allen

Post by Jeff Allen »

Storms in Tx?

They canceled all flights into Chicago last night from Houston...
...Soaking in the steam in 2015...
Bulldozer

Post by Bulldozer »

I find that I sometimes have troubles with posts also, but not just here. Actually I've yet to have a problem here with posting. It was explained to me that "MY" computer was lacking... and this was the most likely cause. This puter I use is going on 8 years old and is deficient in RAM(384MB), my ISP has suggested I RAM-Up or better yet, let the Scotsman in me go and buy a real computer. I have again started to occasionally shutdown my computer and re-start to clean cache and files just like the dayz of Windows 98. My biggest problem with this site is getting the post typed in time before it "Logs Me Out"
Soak Well and Be Calmed.