Using the "QUOTE reply function...

The place if you have forum issues to report, questions, feedback or just need information.
Greyfalcon
Site Admin

Using the "QUOTE reply function...

Post by Greyfalcon »

...or your own manual method. Just a friendly tip that goes along with right-sizing web photos for efficient bandwidth usage and minimizing download time for those without blazing-speed internet connections:

When responding to the message directly before your reply, it is not necessary to quote the entire message to respond; most readers can understand the general context without re-reading the entire previous message. Perusing message updates can get monotonous when entire quotes go back and forth between users, especially if images are included.

If you're replying to a particular point in a message or replying to a message further back in the thread, simply keep only the relevant part(s) between the quote brackets, by backspacing over or deleting the unwanted parts of text:

[quote=]***relevant text you're replying to ***[/quote].

And if the back and forth messaging becomes a 2-person conversation, with nothing relevant to other forum readers, please be considerate and switch to private messaging or email.
Stoked to soak!
Greyfalcon
Site Admin

Re: Using the "QUOTE reply function...

Post by Greyfalcon »

Just a periodic reminder. There's been an uptick in unnecessary quote repetition, lately.
Stoked to soak!
longsoaks

Post by longsoaks »

Greyfalcon wrote:Just a periodic reminder. There's been an uptick in unnecessary quote repetition, lately.
I chose how I posted, so I guess I violated this unnecessary quote repetition, sorry.

I edited out the quotes portions of my recent posts, I will try to adhere in the future.
Last edited by longsoaks on Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For every memory we made.....
Greyfalcon
Site Admin

Post by Greyfalcon »

This thread is meant for the masses, and since it's perishable info as time goes on, I've revised it over the past year, or replied to it as a reminder, mainly as newcomer notes. I don't have the desire or energy to PM all who might think it's applicable to them, personally, but if it encourages us all to keep things concise, our readership thanks you for it.
Stoked to soak!