Question about sending a PM

The place if you have forum issues to report, questions, feedback or just need information.
trimguy

Question about sending a PM

Post by trimguy »

After composing a message and clicking 'Submit", my message appears in my Outbox which suggests to me that it has not been sent yet. Do I have to do something more to actually have it sent?. I have never seen messages in my 'Sent' folder which I thought I sent.

Thanks,
Rick
BNMac

Re: Question about sending a PM

Post by BNMac »

It is an interesting process... Here's what happens:
You send a PM, it goes to your outbox. While it's in your outbox, you can edit or delete it. You are not completely committed until...
The person whom you sent the PM reads it, it is then transferred from our outbox to your sentbox. You can no longer edit it, but you can delete your copy. The person whom you sent it to will have their copy until they delete it.

Hope that helps!

--Bruce...
There must be someplace in the middle of the fringe where I fit in... Woody Russell, Salt
trimguy

Post by trimguy »

Ok I am with you so far, however, I just clicked on my Private Message tab and the message that was in the Outbox (yesterday) is gone and there is also nothing in the sent folder. Wouldn't it be in the sent folder if the recipient read it?

I will now send a test PM to BNMac.

Rick
trimguy

Post by trimguy »

Retracting that last post (another brain fart). There was no number beside "Sent Messages" which I thought meant it was empty. Upon clicking 'sent massages' the sent message(s) were displayed.
Rick
Bulldozer

Post by Bulldozer »

I have another question,Pls...

In the past I've seen PM messages only after several dayz had passed. This new board I'm not sure how it notifies you but is there anyway to have the "New Message" blinking in a different color.
Soak Well and Be Calmed.
BNMac

Post by BNMac »

I'll look into it! Thanks for the suggestion - I've not noticed the PM numbers >0 either..

--Bruce...
There must be someplace in the middle of the fringe where I fit in... Woody Russell, Salt
Kim_S

Post by Kim_S »

I took a few minutes and went in and cleaned out/deleted old private messages...
Kim Sturmer
Balneologist-at-large
"Soak A Lot More in 2024!"
BNMac

Post by BNMac »

Well folks - It's really weird. I changed the code to make the message tag stand out - you now have You have 1 NEW MESSAGE! or You have 2 NEW MESSAGES! instead of "1 new message" or "2 new messages".

But I noticed a strange behavior as well - whether I poked the SUBMIT or PREVIEW button, I always got a preview of the message - then poking the SUBMIT again sent it. Have you noted that as well?

And - once you pop into your PM box and back out, even if you didn't read those messages, the counter is reset back to 0 and the color goes back to the default blue-gray. You get ONE NOTICE....

Strangities.

This change will help, fer shure. Speaking of changes, I am working on the unread messages tag, really, I am... but it will take me a bit of time to test it on my local copy first.

Enjoy!

--Bruce....