Common words in Search Query....

The place if you have forum issues to report, questions, feedback or just need information.
BNMac

Common words in Search Query....

Post by BNMac »

So may words... so little time.

When using the Advanced search function, I'm finding a few words that are returning with a "Common" message rather than hits. The message is:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are just simply too common: "Whitehorse". (Editorial: Message slightly changed)

The "cure" is to re-index the board with a lower percentage of common word hits. While the index is being recreated, you may not get any hits on your search... so be patient. I'll let you know when I'm rebuilding the index.

If you use the search function and find terms that you'd like to see returned rather than seeing this message, reply to this topic listing those words. I'll rebuild the index with a lower threshold so we can find topics containing those words.

The first entry:
Whitehorse

--Bruce...
BNMac

Re: Common words in Search Query....

Post by BNMac »

And in response to myself - not being able to find "hot springs for sale" because the words were all to common, I shut down the common word filter. You can now search on any and all words. I've rebuilt the index so it should all be available as of this writing. Let me know if you have further requests.

--Bruce...
There must be someplace in the middle of the fringe where I fit in... Woody Russell, Salt
Kim_S

Re: Common words in Search Query....

Post by Kim_S »

Bruce, you are the Forum Master Extrardinaire. Thanks for making the recent changes!
Kim Sturmer
Balneologist-at-large
"Soak A Lot More in 2024!"