Greetings fellow soakers! In continuing with the SF tradition, we are looking for submissions for future banner images! For more information on how to submit an image, please Visit the 'SF Banner Image Submissions!' Topic Here.

Recent Soakers forum unavailability

The place if you have forum issues to report, questions, feedback or just need information.
soaksdata

Recent Soakers forum unavailability

Post by soaksdata » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:00 pm

In latter Nov. there were several times the soakers forum was unavailable.
I had assumed it was for standard site maintenance, but thought I'd post about it to make sure.
Was it maintenance?

Kim_S

Re: Recent Soakers forum unavailability

Post by Kim_S » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi Eric , Administrator Dan was upgrading the forum software and restoring the backup, so yes it was legitimately down for a very short time.
Kim Sturmer
Balneologist-at-large
"May Your Soaks Be Serene in 2018!"

Dezdan
Site Admin

Re: Recent Soakers forum unavailability

Post by Dezdan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Hi soaksdata, SF was down a few times in Nov, the first was to replace some hardware at the server center; another time may have been related to the first (still unclear); and the most recent was me updating the forum software and having it hang, thus taking down the site for a few hours until I restored a backup.

In the future I will try to remember to post about possible downtime ahead of the event. Thanks for noticing and feel free to let me know of any other issues or downtime!