Greetings fellow soakers! Welcome to the upgraded SoakersForum.com! Besides some cosmetic changes, the underlying architecture of the site has changed and many new options are available to you. Embedding of YouTube and Vimeo videos as well as attachments of photos are now available to you! There was some movement of topics, and renaming of a few, but all content has remained.

Known issues that are being worked on:
* With the addition of allowing photos to be uploaded, preventing non-registered users from viewing the post was done to help keep the bandwidth usage down, especially for malicious bots that will download the entire site multiple times a day. We are working on a solution that is somewhere in-between right now...

If you encounter any errors, please post them Here. (P.S. This box will not always be here!)

The Future of SoakersForum

The place if you have forum issues to report, questions, feedback or just need information.
Dezdan
Site Admin

Post by Dezdan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Greetings fellow soakers!

I would like to thank those who have made this site what it is over the years, especially the moderators and admin! Without your struggles, this site would be nothing but bloat, full of spammers and malware! Thank you!

Like many of you, over the years I have enjoyed this website and used it to learn and share soaking trips and knowledge. While I wasn’t the most active participant in the forums, and more of an unregistered lurker for many of those years, the thought of forever losing SF was one I could not accept.

After little thought I decided to offer my resources and knowledge to help SF live on. While I have become the official owner of SF, this is not my site - it belongs to each and every one of you, the users. I see SF as a community of users, viewed by users, created by users, managed by users, and content posted by users. Thus I will be asking you, the user for your input and thoughts.

Looking to the immediate future:
In the next few days the site will be disabled while everything is packaged up and moved to its new home. During this time some updates will be applied and a few minor tweaks to the software will be made to help prevent spammers. Once everything is stable the site will open back up and be back to business as normal, I expect this to happen no later than Saturday the 11th.

Looking to the future:
Photos: To help counteract the headaches and make this forum more of an information exchange, one of the first changes I plan to implement is to allow photo attachments in post. I feel that such a move would make those of us who share photos a lot happier to skip some steps! Thoughts?
Design: Over this winter when things slowdown, I'll be looking to give the overall design of SF a small facelift, just to get away from the typical phpBB look. Nothing radical, simple yet distinctive.
Logo: I know over the years there has be attempts (some good ones too!) to brand SF. I’d like to see a dedicated logo for the site.
What ideas do you have for SF? What do you see in the future of SF?
Please, at any time, if you have any questions of concerns, feel free to contact me via PM or email: soakersforum@gmail.com

Thank you and soak on!
~Dan

Kim_S

Re: The Future of SoakersForum

Post by Kim_S » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:59 pm

Dan, thank you so much for taking the helm of SF as the new official owner! We know you will continue the good work that Eric and Bruce have done in the last 10 years! And it goes without saying that many soakers are very grateful that SF will live on. Now we just have to do our part and get out to some hot springs and report!
Kim Sturmer
Balneologist-at-large
"May Your Soaks Be Pristine in 2017!"

Casa Blanca Hot Spring

Post by Casa Blanca Hot Spring » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:24 pm

Hi Dan,

Thanks SO MUCH!~! for taking over SF. We all appreciate it more than you know.

We pledge to support your efforts any way we can and will do out best to add to the few posts we've made to SF over the years. If you need help with anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

Vive Soakers Forum!!!

Naturally,
Camilla Van Sickle & Bill Pennington
"S\He Who Knows That Enough Is Enough
Will Always Have Enough." Lao Tzu
So Many Hot Springs, So Little Time...

longsoaks

Post by longsoaks » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:18 pm

Dan,

Many Thanks for keeping this site going, hope we can get together for some hot springs soaking next year, we have so many good ones in our area that are still clothes free and primitive, perhaps we can start a soakersforum tour in the future.

Sharing information and pictures on our beloved hot springs is the reason for this Forum. Everyone help, by adding input, please!
We must learn to play the hand that we are dealt:>) GO FISH!

Dawndelion

Post by Dawndelion » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:15 am

Dan, thank you very much! :D
Never put off until tomorrow what'll wait till the day after.

Casa Blanca Hot Spring

Post by Casa Blanca Hot Spring » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:42 pm

Hi Dawndelion,

It's good to have you back! It's been years! We hope you've been well and that we hear more from you. Have you been soaking anywhere lately?

Warmly,
Camilla & Bill
So Many Hot Springs, So Little Time...